Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MMA News: UFC 97 Predictions

UFC 97: Redemption is airing on April 18th and is a huge event for MMA. Its got some big fights that are sure to be exciting so go to your local sports bar and cheer on my big picks:
  • Anderson Silva vs Thales Lietes: I like Thales and he's great on the ground but I don't think he has an advantage and i doubt he'll be able to deal with Anderson's striking. So I'll gladly go with Silva continuing his reign as champ. MY PICK: SILVA
  • Chuck Liddel vs Mauricio Rua: Chuck Liddel has been on quite a slump and I haven't seen him look too confident lately, so I don't have much faith in him. Not to mention his oppenent Rua is one bad dude and more well rounded. Still I think Liddel might win in a slugfest and maybe has one more run left in him. So Liddel better bring his A game and if he wants to start that comeback I've been waiting for. MY PICK: RUA

No comments:

Post a Comment